BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Great Story and Characters

— feeling amazing
The Lies We Tell - Debra Webb

Doctor Rowan Dupont knows a serial killer is coming for her. Julian Addington has been waiting. Watching. And it’s only a matter of time before he strikes. But what Julian doesn’t know is that Rowan is ready for him. And more than anything she wants answers. How well did the depraved killer actually know her mother? And how many lies have been spun in the years since she took her own life? Working alongside her childhood friend Police Chief Billy Brannigan, Rowan is determined to get to the bottom of her mother’s puzzling suicide once and for all—even if it means exposing an unsettling past. It certainly seems like her family’s Victorian funeral home has borne witness to more than one dark secret, but when a recent double homicide leads to an even grislier discovery, separating the truth from the lies might be the last thing Rowan does.

This was a pretty good book that I enjoyed. I hadn’t read the first book, but the author fills you in enough that it’s not really needed. However, I’ll probably be reading it next. I enjoyed following Rowan and she uncovers more about her parents, particularly her mother, and prepares for her final confrontation.I highly recommend.

**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book