BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Great Story and Characters

Alpha's Promise (Dark Protectors #10) - Rebecca Zanetti

Though he has vampire, demon, and Viking blood rushing through his veins, Ivar Kjeidsen’s soul-crushing trip to hell broke him in ways he can barely fathom.  One vow keeps the deadly immortal standing: To rescue the vampire brother who had sacrificed freedom for him. To do that, Ivar needs the help of a brilliant physicist with wary brown eyes, fierce brilliance, and skin that's way too soft.

Dr. Promise Williams understands the underpinnings of the universe but has never figured out the human beings inhabiting it.   Her function is to think—and not feel—until she’s touched by a vampire who’s nowhere near human. The primal hunger in his eyes awakens feelings in her that defy calculation. As she shows him the way to step between worlds, he brands her with a pleasure that could last more than a lifetime.

I’m a pretty big fan of this series, so I was excited when I saw this book was coming out. I really enjoyed the book and the overarching story. I really loved Ivar and his readjustment to the world. I did have a problem with Promise, however. I know what the author was going for, it just didn’t really work for me.I still enjoyed the story though and look forward to the next one.

**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book