BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Great Story and Characters

A Rose in the Highlands - Heather McCollum

Evelyn Worthington leaves England behind to create a school for ladies in her brother's newly purchased Scottish castle. After the long, difficult journey north, Evelyn is shocked to find that not only has the castle been scorched by fire, but a brawny, half-dressed highlander bars her entry – at sword point. Clan chief Greyson "Grey" Campbell would rather die than see his family home, Finlarig Castle, fall into English hands. So when the beautiful Sassenach flashes a bill of sale before him, it's war. But when the battles between them grow hotter, passions flare. Grey has more to worry about than a headstrong English lass and as secrets are revealed and muskets are lit, everything – the fates of the Campbell Clan, Evelyn's school, and their lives – are in jeopardy.

This was a great story from start to finish. I always love books with strong women, especially HRs because they are set in times when very few women had any rights. I’m glad that this book wrote great characters with compelling stories. I can’t wait to read more from this author.

**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book