BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Good Story and Good Characters

The Royal Runaway - Lindsay Emory

After her fiancé jilted her on their wedding day, she’s finally back home after spending four months in exile—aka it’s back to press conferences, public appearances, and putting on a show for the Driedish nation as the perfect princess they expect her to be. But Thea’s sick of duty. After all, that’s what got her into this mess in the first place. So when she sneaks out of the palace and meets a sexy Scot named Nick in a local bar, she relishes the chance to be a normal woman for a change. But just as she thinks she’s found her Prince Charming for the night, he reveals his intentions are less than honorable: he’s the brother of her former fiancé, a British spy, and he’s not above blackmail. As Thea reluctantly joins forces with Nick to find out what happened the day her fiancé disappeared, together they discover a secret that could destroy a centuries-old monarchy and change life as they know it.

This was the first time I’ve read this author so I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to get. What I got was a light-hearted and fun fairy tale that I got through rather quickly. If you are into this kind of read, than I definitely recommend.

**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book