BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Great Story and Characters

Rebel Hard - Nalini Singh

Nayna Sharma agreed to an arranged marriage in the hope it would heal the fractures in her beloved family... only to realize too late that a traditional marriage is her personal nightmare. Panicked, she throws caution to the winds, puts on the tiniest dress she can find, and ends up in the arms of a tall, rough-edged hunk of a man who has abs of steel—and who she manages to mortally insult between one kiss and the next. Abandoned as a child, then adopted into a loving family, Raj Sen believes in tradition, in continuity. Some might call him stiff and old-fashioned, but he knows what he wants—and it's a life defined by rules... yet he can't stop thinking about the infuriating and sexy woman who kissed him in the moonlight then disappeared. When his parents spring an introduction on him, the last woman he expects is her. Beautiful. Maddening. A rule breaker in the making.

This was a pretty good story. Being American and growing up in the generation I did, I’ve only heard of arranged marriages and a young woman’s sacrifice for the family name. This is also the first contemporary book I’ve read where it’s a plot point. I did read the first book in this series a while back, so I’d already been introduced to Nayna. Her feelings are written so well, you can’t help but be drawn into her story and root for her to find a happy ending with Raj. I highly recommend.

**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book