BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Loved It

Claimed by Gods - eva chase

I thought I'd survived everything life could throw at me. All I wanted was to keep my distance from the criminals I work for and get my little brother out of the hell that is our mother's house. Then I died and woke up to four stunningly hot gods telling me I'm now a valkyrie. Sly, sharp Loki. Jovial but ferocious Thor. Dreamily compassionate Baldur. Grim and secretive Hod. They all have something to teach me. And around them, my walls start to crack. But the gods didn't summon me just for kicks. Their king is missing, and they need me to find him. The first three valkyries they sent on the job never made it back. More power is awakening in me than I could ever have imagined—and the gods' enemies are more devious than even they knew. It's going to take every trick in the book for me to save myself, my brother, and these divine men who're getting under my skin in the most alluring way. I'm Aria Watson, and Valhalla ain't seen nothing yet.
This book has the underlying plot of a reverse harem, a genre that seems to be popping up more and more, but the premise caught my attention so I thought I’d give it a try. I Unlike Roman and Greek mythology, I’m not too familiar with Norse mythology, with the exception of what I’ve seen in Marvel movies, so when the descriptions of Thor and Loki occur, I couldn’t help compare them to the actors that play those characters in the movies (as well as hear their voices throughout the book). There were a few small things that annoyed me in the story, but overall I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to read the other two parts. After reading another book by this author, I think I may have found a new favorite author!
**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book