BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Decent Book

The Duke with the Dragon Tattoo - Kerrigan Byrne

Lorelei will never forget the night she rescued the broken dark angel in the woods, a devilishly handsome man who haunts her dreams to this day. Crippled as a child, she devoted herself to healing the poor tortured man. And when he left, he took a piece of her heart with him. Now, after all these years, The Rook has returned. Like a phantom, he sweeps back into her life and avenges those who wronged her. But can she trust a man who’s been branded a rebel, a thief, and a killer? And can she trust herself to resist him when he takes her in his arms?

This story starts at the beginning of the Rook’s tragic life. The reader is given the pieces to the Rook’s life that is taken from him. The entire story, as it unravels, is really about all of the horrors the Rook has went through and what he goes through to get back to the angel that saved him early on. My one complaint is that it seemed like the author had to find every possible bad thing that could happen to the Rook and make it happen, not to mention the crappy life that Lorelei had. This has happened in other books that I’ve read by this author and it tends to bring down the books just a little for me.

**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book