BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Loved It

The Duke of Desire - Darcy Burke

Ten years ago Ivy Breckenridge’s life was ruined. She had to reinvent herself, and now, after painstakingly making her own way in the world, she’s nearly forgotten the dreams of home and family she’d once nurtured. Until one man peers into her soul and awakens every one of her hidden desires. But no matter how good he makes her feel, she can’t trust him—alone by choice is better than alone by necessity. With a notorious reputation for training married women in the art of passion, Sebastian Westgate, Duke of Clare, is reviled by some and celebrated by others. He doesn’t allow anyone close enough to see past his charming exterior. When Ivy uncovers the man beneath, the seducer is suddenly the seduced. Enraptured by her mind and spirit, he wants more but revealing his darkest secrets is a price he won’t pay.

When I started this book, I really wasn’t sure if I was going to like it or not. The premise (at least the hero’s initial story), was a bit different and I wasn’t sure if it would ruin the book as I generally don’t like books where it’s repeatedly pointed out how promiscuous one of the main characters are. However, I’m glad that Ivy’s character made me want to continue reading. I loved the unraveling of both Sebastian and Ivy. Their journey made it hard for me to put down the book until it was done. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and can’t wait to read more from this author.

**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book