BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

great book and great characters

Making Chase (The Chase Brothers, Book 4) by Dane, Lauren (2008) Paperback - Lauren Dane

Tate sat at her station at the hair salon, she and her two younger sisters - Anne and Beth- owned owned Murphy’s Cut and Curl. Tate and Anne bought a run down old house at the far end of Main Street remodeled it with their family’s help into a hair salon. Tate was watching out the window and then she see Matt Chase across the street who was her visual donut. Tate was attracted to Matt who was a fireman who was a very attractive hot man. Matt was seeing Melanie but she was vacant and he wanted what his brothers had a good woman, a family f their own- happy. Natt was just waiting for the right woman.  Tate had been accidently pushed into the street when some HS boys rushed to get back to school. Tate got hit and Matt came out to assist her until the ambulance got there. Tate had 4 stitches in her head. Tate did Matt’s mom's-Polly- hair at the salon. Tate wished she and her siblings had a mom like Polly instead of Tina the mother they got. Polly doted on her kids Tate loved that. Many times in her life her siblings made Tate feel better. .Tate was good at three things- doing hair, cooking and dancing. Tate was so good at cooking even as adults her siblings could be found at her table. Any given day of the week. Tate had a full life with her family and business but she wanted a man to come home to and her own children. Would a man ever want the whole package - she was a big girl, she also had seven siblings and they were all involved and two sister -in-laws and their children and they were all involved with each others lives. Tate didn’t have many friends she wasn’t related to. Tate made some cookies and sent them over to Matt for his help when she had been hit by the car. Matt loved them and he could count on his hand the number of times he had been helped for what he did it was nice to be acknowledged and thanked. Matt saw the address on the package and saw it was the hair salon across the road. He decided to go over when he was done with work to thank Tate.in person. Matt liked tate really liked her. They had lunch while sitting on a bench several times a week together. Liv told Matt if he really wanted something with Tate he would really have to work so she really have to work so she would let him in. Tate had been hurt a lot because where she was from and people will say she ais after Matt’s money and name and Liv wanted to warn him. Tate wasn’t the usual type of girl Matt went out with- cheerleader, rich and gorgeous.  But Tate had her own neaty and she was a wonderful, kind, and caring person. To Matt she was beautiful in every way.

I really loved this story. It was a fast easy read that pulled at your emotions romance.that lacked nothing as far as I am concerned. At times I chuckled while reading this and others I really choked up. I felt like I was there with Tate and Matt and everyone. I loved the pace and the plot. I read this book in one setting as I couldn’t put it down.  The author did a great job on the mental and physical abuse shown in this book. I loved how close Tate was to her family and they to her and despite their upbringing and being poor and their parents how well Tate and her siblings all turned out. I could not find anything to criticize in this book and I was so happy about that. I loved Tate and Matt together and how they interacted with each other. I loved the character and the ins and outs of this book and I highly recommend it.