BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

good book and characters

Practice Husband  - Noelle  Adams

Sam is thoughtful, creative, and prone to daydreaming all her life. Sam would never let others see her out of control.  Sam was not the type of person that books are written about but she is the kind that reads them. Sam was introspective, articulate, early to get along with since Sam usually kept her opinions to herself, Sam’s grandfather- Pop- raised her and her two sisters- chelsea and Melissa since their parents had died and he was basically the only family the sisters had. Pop was narrow and judgemental and likes to get his own way. Sam’s older sister Melissa was the only one of the three sisters who had really applied herself and accomplished something impressive in terms of her  career. She had earned herself an exclusive -level position at Pops Home Cooking. Chelsea and Sam were still living on Pop’s money. Pop’s thinks Sam is the good one because she doesn’t do anything bold or adventurous, she doesn’t defy him, and she never makes a scene. Now that Melissa is married Pop is starting on Sam to get married as well as Chelsea. Then Sam brings up a friend of hers- Hunter who needs a job but he just got out of a two years of prison and was on parole he needs a place to live and a job to fulfill some of the conditions of parole but Pop says he doesn’t have fire cons. Sam had known Hunter from HS and she had a thing for him. She had tutored Hunter so he could get good grades to  stay on the football team and for college. Hunter worked hard at the tutoring sessions . But Hunter had Sam in the friend zone. Hunter was from a rich family but when he went to prison they disowned him he wasn’t allowed to even see his younger brother. Sam needed something to push her outside her comfort zone. So now Hunter is going to be Sam’s pretend husband for a year so he can get a job and have a place to live Sam can finally experience parts of life she had only read about before. Hunter ended getting a job with Melissa. Hunter is extremely smart and talented with numbers. While married Sam and Hunter support each other, listen to each other, and they start to care about each other.

I enjoyed reading this book. I liked the plot and the pace a lot. This was a sweet, fun, hot romantic read.  I did get a little annoyed with Sam at times especially the way she overthought things. I liked that we were given enough background on Hunter to understand what happened to him. I loved how Hunter tried to be a good husband.I really liked Hunter and Sam together.I also really liked the hot chemistry between Hunter and Sam. I loved how Hunter tried to be a good husband, If they had only communicated better they would have been happier a lot sooner. I did chuckle at times while reading this. I loved the characters and the ins and outs of this book and I recommend.  I would rate this a 4.5 if I could.