BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

not for me

Dog Days of Voodoo (A Malveaux Curse Mystery Book 1) - G.A. Chase

Miles had paid for the charter and wanted to dive where they were. He told Vanessa there was a WWII plane sunk in the water and he saw the plane and it was down in the water in this location. Myles told Vanessa and Charlie they had agreed to come with him and he said if there was nothing down there they would spend the next day diving wherever Vanessa and Charlie wanted to. Kendell reread the article in the alumni paper. She didn’t care about the story but recognized the guy with the couple in the picture.  He had shared a class with Kendall. He too had fallen for a made up college class. The class had been the dumbest mistake a music student could make. Kendall loved her guitar and could play from classical music to david Bowie. Kendall decided to call Myles. Myles sat in the funky coffee shop lined with books. Frenchman’s Street wasn’t one of Myles’s usual New Orleans hangouts. Myles tried to place the spunky girl behind the counter-Kendall. Apparently they had went to college together. It had taken all Myles’s time and energy to get his Archaeology degree. Kendall thanked Myles for meeting with her. Myles said it was no problem as he worked in the Quarter as a bartender. Myles said he had always been lucky finding things. Kendall said “if you can’t explain what you did could you show me”? Myles told her he didn't know if that would work. Kendall said they could take it on as a scientific experiment. For someone that was just learning about how energy affects them kendall was remarkably perceptive.  Kendall had a gig that night she was in a band called Polly Urethane and The Strippers. Kendall adores her elderly dog named Cheesecake but then she’s dognapped and Kendall was determined to get her dog back. Then there is a murder that looks like a tragic accident because of the cursed object Kendall and Myles had found. There are a lot of mysteries and curses around the Voodoo Shops in New Orleans.

I wasn’t crazy about this book. I thought from the cover it would be more light hearted. There were a lot of twists and turns.This book dragged for me. It just didn’t give me what I was looking for at the time. I will say the second half was a little better than the first half as far as reading this went. I just found this a little boring for me and had problems keeping my attention on what I was reading unfortunately. I am sure other will enjoy this a lot more than I did this book just wasn’t meant for me.