BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

good book and characters

Icing on the Cake: A Wild Wedding Novel (Wild Wedding Series) - Ann Marie Walker

Cassandra/Cassie hadn’t had sex in a long time. Her best friend was Livvy also her silent partner in the bakery.  Cassie had been putting every spare minute she had into the bakery- Sugar Rush. The grand opening was in two months and cassie felt there was so much to do. Livvy hadn’t envisioned Cassie working eighteen hour days. Cassie hadn’t wanted to take the weekend off but it was her brother Mathew’s wedding  Cassie hoped to find the one and be happy but it would be awhile yet right now she had a shop to open. There were invoiced to check, shelves to stack, and vendors to meet with and ads to place. The lists went on and on which meant Cassie had no time for men. Cassie was making Mathew and Emily’s wedding cake, groom’s cake and cupcakes as her gift to them. Three years ago cassie had quit her job as a CPA in one of Chicago’s top accounting firms to follow her passion. Henry/ Hank knew that a change of this magnitude could cause an international incident. Because what Henry was about to propose went against all acceptable procedure. But for the weekend Prince Henry just wanted to be hank an ordinary man and told his detail this.henry and his grandmother argued about the topic of his travel when he traveled on leisure henry wanted his  location to be a need to know basis . his father the Crown Prince Edgar was a little more understanding. A royal bloodline came with a lot of perks but at a price. Edgar was head of henry’s security team. Henry was going to Mathew’;s wedding as he had been one of his best friends from university. While Cassie is working in her borrowed bakery to bake for the wedding Hank walked in to ask for directions. Hank is immediately taken with Cassie. Cassie sees Hank at her brothers wedding and decides to go ahead and have some fun and let her wild side out and hank seems more than willing. Then eventually through the press Cassie realizes who hank really is and the lies he told her.

I liked this book a lot. It was a fun easy read. I advise you to read the first book in this series for a smooth flow and knowledge of the characters as some are carried forward into this book. I didn’t really care that Henry didn’t tell her the truth and she had to find out by the press. He could have trusted Cassie instead she had to be hurt more than necessary. I chuckled at times while reading this. This had a kind of Cinderella feeling to it with a “ common” woman and a ‘royal” male. This dragged a little for me at times. I did enjoy the plot. This was predictable but I still liked it and finished it. I liked hank and Cassie together. I loved the characters and the ins and outs of this book and I recommend.