BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

not for me

— feeling crazy
Surrender the Dark - L.A. Banks

Azrail was the Angel Of Death yet he feared the return of darkness. But he refused to lose to lose sight of the fact that to be chosen was the highest honor imaginable. The sacrifice would be great but that was what made being chosen so deeply revered. Azrail could feel the energy changing and the anticipation from the others. As he remained on the edge of one and the descent to another world,he  was a being of pure light and now would be reconstructed  into earthy flesh and matter. A process that hurt like Hades. Most of his kind didn’t  make  the full trasition into flesh. Instead they reach out to humans through the veil between the worlds entering human space without actually being human. Some of his kind had been trapped in the earthly realm following their dash with the fallen. The rumor wasd if the most high was calling on Azrail now to actually go to earth that the cosmic clock was ticking. This mission required forces on the ground. It also required an acute understanding and compassion for humans that can only be acquired through human experience. If this didn’t shift the course of humans toward the Light then the planet would be plunged into darkness forever. Humans would be lost and the Source Of All  That Is would start over again somewhere else. Azrail predicessions and mentors warned him that this mission was very dangerous. If he failed and the dark side won the balance between the darkness and and The Light would forever be tilted in  favor of demonic forces. Azrael hated being vulnerable to the dark.  Rebirth into the human world was no different from what Azrail imagined hunan birth to be. Azrail was to search for and find the girl. Celeste came home to find Brandon smoking a joint. Fighting with her had become Brandon’s national past time. Celeste sees demons and had been labeled  crazy. Aunt Nicey was Celeste’s guardian - she was there for Celeste - paid her  her bills from Celeste’s social security check and Brandon didn’t give her any BS. Celeste is contemplating suicide to just end everything. Celeste is tired of Brandon beating on her and belittling her. Celeste believes Brandon is going to kill her  but the demon in Brandon kills him. Celeste goes to a bar  and Azrail comes in and precedes to changes her life. Azrail tells Celeste he is an angel sent to protect her.Celeste teaches Azrail what he needs to know about how to live in the human world  Eventually celeste  believes Azrael's story even her part in it. Then Azrail and Celeste are off to go against evil.

I had mixed feelings about this book. There was too much extra stuff in the theology. I like that Celeste was definitely a different kind of heroine. I don’t think the writing in this book was great. There was also a lot of repetition. But I did like how the author showed the darker side of addiction and poverty. This was too slow  moving for me. I felt I was being preached at sometimes. I thought Celeste changed too quickly. So as I said I had mixed feelings on this book.