BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

not for me

— feeling confused
Love Songs & Other Lies: A Novel - Jessica Pennington

Virginia/Vee  has known Anders and Logan since elementary school. Logan is Vee’s best friend. Vee had dropped everything to join a band tour with Logan for three months. The tour would also be televised.    Logan’s band is calle Your Future X. When Vee gets to the buses they will be on Vee meets Reese who is the bassist. Vee has heard a lot about Reese and Logan quickly tells Reese “she is like our sister “ when he makes some come on to her comments. Logan had told Vee about the job that would save Vee from summer break with her parents. Then Vee finds out she had not really been hired but as far as the band went she was their manager. Vee almost left to go back home but didn’t want to call her  parents for a return ticket and Vee decides to stay with the band. Then he comes toward her - the last person she wanted to see - Cameron. Cam. It had been almost two years since Vee had seen Cameron.  Logan knows how to push Vee’s buttons. Logan and Vee had a friends with benefits thing for about two months but only making out. Vee didn’t want to go farther and decided to end that relationship before it ended up ruining their friendship. But now Vee wasn’t always sure what Logan met when he was using sarcasm, Cam had heard Ginny/Vee talking to her grandmother and then he seen her at school eventually Vee and Cam got involved with each other. Cam’s parents had died in an accident and Cam had received enough money to live on. He had been living in California but after his parents death he moved to be close to his grandmother who was in the same nursing home as Vee’s and that is how he heard her voice and wanted to meet her. Cam had wanted to start over with no baggage so why he had moved from California.   Anders had advertised for needing a new guitarist and cam went to audition and joined the band. Vee had been the manager of the band Your Future X and wrote most of their songs.

I liked this book but i had very mixed feelings about this book. It just didn’t flow right for me. I don’t know maybe I missed something along the way. I liked the story yet it ended rather abruptly for me. If Cam wanted to stay out of the spotlight , why did he go with the band that was to be televised? I like they treated Vee with respect.There did seem to be unresolved business in this book. I did  like all the character sin this book. But as i said I had mixed feelings about the book.