BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

mixed feelings

All the Wrong Chords - Christine Hurley Deriso

Scarlett was at her eighty-six years old grandfathers for the summer. Scarlett was eighteen and this was the summer before she started college. Scarlett’s brother who she had loved dearly had overdosed and Scarlett really missed him . Her grandfather had the same sparkling blue eyes her brother had when he was still alive. Scarlett almost hit a guy named Zach. Scarlett had been in a band and got invited to the rehearsal to the band Zach was in. Zach played lead guitar and was the songwriter. He also liked Scarlett and treated her well. But Scarlett had a crush on the lead singer Declan who rapidly went through females. Even though Scarlett knows that Declan isn’t good for her she still can’t quite break away from him.

I had mixed feelings about this book. I loved Scarlett’s grandfather. I also chuckled at times while reading this book. I loved the relationship Scarlett had with her brother before he overdosed. But Scarlett seemed to clueless to be eighteen and getting ready for college. The was pretty predictable as far as I was concerned. I didn’t really connect with Scarlett. So as I said I had mixed feelings about this book.