BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

good book and characters

Nightingale - Jocelyn Adams

Darcy is a reporter but she is tired of writing meaningless articles for the society page. Darcy wants to make a difference in the world. Darcy has  been promised more if she could get an interview with Micah Laine. Micah was a millionaire playboy who had been kidnapped and held captive in Columbia. Micah managed to escape one year ago  and freed several  other people at the same time   when he escaped. When Micah returned home he was a different not  man and he would not open up in public. No interviews in any form.Micah also now has a long scar on the side of his face.  But Micah did form a foundation for those who have been kidnapped or held captive and help them to be rehabilitated. Micah believes Darcy is just another person who wants to plaster his past all over the place. Micah challenges Darcy with a deal  to stay with him for one week in his secluded cottage on a remote island. During this time Darcy can get to know Micah she can also ask as many questions as she wants to. As long as Micah is allowed to ask for something also. Darcy is warm and carefree but she also has secrets.

I enjoyed reading this book. I liked the plot but this did drag for me at times. I liked a lot how Darcy tried to make sure Micah is comfortable with all she asks of him. I loved the back story and felt this was well written. This choked me up at times and made me smile at others. Micah and Darcy are definitely good for each other and help each other heal. I really liked that Darcy and Micah didn’t rush right into a insta love/ lust relationship. I loved how Micah came back and started a foundation to help others who had been kidnapped or held captive. I loved the characters and the ins and outs of this book and I recommend.