BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

good book and characters

Misadventures of a Virgin (Misadventures Series) - Meredith Wild

Juune’s girlhood  crush had been Kase. They had been at a party one night and ended up alone and kissed. June never forgot that kiss or Kase. but right after that kase left without even a goodbye. Kase had left for college but really it was a good excuse as everything he had thought to be true were all lies and he had just found out. Gerald was June's father and they both lived at the Grand hotel which Gerald owned June’s mother had died when she was young. Gerald wanted to expand his business and he would have to buy Kase’s family farm to do this but then Kase leaves and the deal falls through.  Gerald and Kase’s father Edwin had been feuding for a long  Kase had secretly wanted June while in HS but she was really too young. June had felt the same way about being with Kase. June had worked at her father’s hotel since she was thirteen and she still did. She spent most of her time at the hotel and didn’t go out much. Then after four years Kase came home and wanted to take over his family farm as it had been in their family for many generations. Kase wanted to make it profitable again. Then Edwin comes to visit and mentions to  June Kase is home and she may want to pay Kase a visit. Gerald tells June to go see Kase and talk him into signing the ranch over.  Kase says he doesn’t remember June’s name when she comes to visit and she over heard them when Edwin had went to get Kase. Kase took off to the creek to swim off the day and June follows him and they have words. She had saved herself for Kase and this was how he was acting. The next day Kase comes to see Gerald and tells him that if he gets two weeks of June’s company at the farm he will sign over the land to Gerald.  Kase wants June to spend two weeks at the farm to have an idea what he is giving up. Kase and June fall in love but then family secrets threaten to tear them apart.

I enjoyed this book and it was a quick enjoyable read. I liked the pace as well as the plot. I loved Kase and June together. I didn’t really care for Gerald he was a greedy ass. I did choke up at times. I did feel this was well written. But I felt one teenage kiss was a little unrealistic for June to wait for years for Kase especially not hearing a word from him or even being sure he would come back. I liked the twists in this book. There were other things in this book that weren’t realistic as far as I was concerned but it wasn’t enough to make me want to not finish reading this book. I liked the characters for the most part and I loved the twists in this book and I recommend.