BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

great book and great characters

Belle: An Amish Retelling of Beauty and the Beast (An Amish Fairytale) - Sarah Price

Belle lived with her father and two sisters on their farm. Belle loves to read romances and dreams of falling in love.  Belle’s father was a dreamer and inventor but he wasn’t successful and had used all family money and had to sell their farm. Adam had bought their farm who is a local recluse. Adam is badly scarred by a terrible childhood accident. The people of the community have come to call Adam the Beast and that's basically how he acts. But he has been scarred not only physically but  emotionally as well as spiritually. The people's reaction to his physical appearance only makes it worse. So now Adam is scarred, disfigured, and silent. But Belle goes to Adam and asks to become his housekeeper so her family can still stay in the house. Adam instead offers Belle marriage and if she has a son her family can keep their farm. Belle goes into the marriage intending to do all she can to make it work no matter what. Adam’s home was filthy and Belle immediately went to cleaning their home and making good meals for them to eat. Adam has had noone to talk to in years so he is silent when around Belle even though she talked to him. Belle does believe God has called her to marry Adam.
I loved this book. I loved the plot as well as the pace. I also loved that it wasn’t an insta-love relationship instead it slowly built between Belle and Adam. I also loved the way the author used a Beauty and the Beast style when writing this. I also liked how the author showed people can live in a religious community and fall and not act in a Christian charitable way. I choked up at times and chuckled at other times. This was a quick fun great romance read. I loved the characters and the ins and outs of this book and I highly recommend.