BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

good read, great characters

His Rip-Roarin' Bride (Texan Brides) - Martha Hix

Wes was a deputy and in the Scarlet Garter Saloon finishing a beer then he planned on going home and have some roast beef a lady had dropped off for rescuing her cat.  But then a tall woman came in pointing a gun and eventually shooting it yelling for Orville who had been playing the piano at the saloon. The woman claimed  Orville did her wrong he had killed her best friend Chuck- her dog- and stolen her money. The woman’s name was Lisa-Ann and she continued to shot the gun but only getting a mirror and bottles of whiskey. Wes had no choice but to arrest her and she still fought him and fired a gun at him but luckily again missed. Wes didn’t want to get interested in Lisa-Ann his dream girl was a gentle  woman of  cultured and conversation.   It turns out Lisa-Ann's father and grandmother were dead and her mother was in prison and that left Lisa-Ann on her on and she had to be tough to even survive. She did like anyone to know she had her own vulnerabilities. She couldn’t appear vulnerable. Wes went to Orville’s sister's  house the night before Lisa - Ann was to go to court  and she gave Wes a box and Lisa-Ann described it as part of her family history. That was when Wes knew Lisa-Ann was telling the truth and he was going to help her. Wes offers Lisa-Ann to keep his home until she settles her debt. Wes is attracted to Lisa-Ann.

I really enjoyed this book. It was a short, funny loveable story. I also liked the way Lisa-Ann spoke I just found the old fashioned way interesting. I liked the plot as well as the pace. I didn’t want to put this book down, it definitely held my attention from start until finish.  I really liked Lisa-Ann and felt bad she had been struggling all alone with just her dog Chuck. I was glad when wes decided to help Lisa-Ann. I really liked Lisa-Ann and Wes together even if they were opposites. This book made me laugh at times and that is always good. I really enjoyed this romance. I loved the characters and the ins and outs and I recommend. I wish I could have rated this 4.5.