BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Lady of Silver (Blood & Silver) - Shona Husk

Saba runs a magic shop but also uses her gift as a psychic which brings her to the attention of the local   P D. Saba has helped the P D before and now a young woman had been found murdered with her blood drained and  the P D. turns to Saba for answers. A co-worker recommended Saba to Dale.  Dale is a detective and reluctantly goes to Saba who he believes is a fake. Saba is an Albah which is a race long forgotten by humans but were still around. Saba’s power is fueled by blood and silver. Saba can use blood for readings and silver for small things like healing and warding. Saba proves to Dale she is the real thing  by telling facts from just a small amount of the victims blood. Dale did break a small protective barrier Saba had by Dale’s belief and the killer knew who she was and would be after Saba. The vampire leader.  can use blood to create bonds with his followers. It creates a bond when Saba does the reading for Dale Saba couldn’t tell Dale all she knew as she had secrets to protect and a lot he simply wouldn’t believe. Saba was attracted to Saba and she to him even though he resisted it. Dale believes she was murdered by the leader of a cult of wannabe vampires. But the killer left no clues for the police to find.  As Saba and Dale’s relationship heated up Saba wonders if she can keep who and what she is from Dale. Albah uses silver for small things but once an Albah is turned to a vampire silver is deadly to them.

I  had mixed feelings on this book. I felt it had a good plot. I liked the different scenario on vampires and witches. It did pretty much keep my interest. This was a short read. I didn’t like how Dale was an ass a lot. Then one conversation was suppose to change Dale’s whole outlook on psychics just don’t think so. I think the pace was too fast. I also had problems connecting with both Dale and Saba. After the way Dale was acting I think Saba was way to nice and accepting. I felt there was some unanswered questions after the book was done. I also felt the book ended to fast. So as I said I did have mixed feelings.