BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Great Book With Great Characters

The Baby Project - Miranda Liasson

Elizabeth/Liz  is an OB doctor and has decided she wants a baby and now. Her relationships haven’t worked out. Elizabeth had caught her fiance in their bed with another woman.Then Liz had joined Doctors Without Borders and went to Africa for a year to get away. While in Africa Liz met and fell for Grant Williams who was a famous photojournalist They had a very hot affair for a couple of months then they were suppose to meet up and go off together and Grant left her at the train station waiting for him.   Liz then returns home. She then asks her fellow OB doctor and good friend Brett to donate some sperm for her  to get pregnant by. But Brett says he doesn’t think his boyfriend would agree. Then Grant comes back in Liz’s life when Grant is staying at his aunt’s house who is one of Liz’s neighbors. Grant had gotten in a little trouble when he helped a family get to another country for better health care so he was sent back to the states to do an article on small town America. Eventually Liz asks Grant to donate sperm so she can get pregnant. Grant decides he needs to think about it. While think about Liz’s request Grant’s bad childhood memories surface. But Grant still can’t tell Liz no.

This was a great story and I really enjoyed it. I loved the plot and the pace. This book grabbed your interest and didn’t let go until the end. I laughed at times and choked up at times while reading this. I loved Liz and Brett’s relationship. The characters seemed realistic to me with their faults and problems. I felt this was a very heartwarming story. I did feel bad for Liz that she closed herself off from the family she loved because her sister and sister in law was pregnant and so much baby talk even though she was happy for her family. I felt bad for Liz how her ex cheated on her in their bed what a butthole and then Grant leaves her waiting at the station. I loved Liz and Grant together. I loved the characters and the ins and outs of this book and I highly recommend.