BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

great story and characters

Twice Bitten (Cascadia Wolves series, Book 7) - Lauren Dane

Michelle was a cop but also a witch but her co-workers nor her boss knew that.  One night her best friend Allie who she had known since third grade. Allie’s mother Kathy called and Michelle to tell her Allie was missing. Allie’s apartment had been broken into and there was Mage energy in the apartment  as Kathy was also a witch. The witch in Clan Owen had taught the witches Michelle knew some defensive magiiks against the mages who had been attacking witches across the country. Michelle had to think and like a cop, she had to push aside the fear and worry for her best friends and focus on the facts.  Worry wouldn't find Allie , skill would. Some witches from Clan Owen had offered a class on how to read different magikal energies and Michelle had jumped at the chance to learn. Allie had been terrified whatever the magik had done. Allie had been missing at least four hours.  Wiches hadn’t come out to humans yet like some other supernaturals had. Clan Owen was so overwhelmed with their own disappearances that they sent Michelle to the Others who happen to be werewolves who would be able to to track Allie’s scent much better than a witch. Then Michelle went to the werewolves headquarters and heard a voice from her past . It was Josh who had been her first love and broke her heart. Josh took Michelle back to his office and michelle told him why she was there and he said that this was very dangerous but of course he would help. Then he proceeded to tell Michelle why he had never returned to her so long ago, he had been bitten and the alpha of the wolf who had bitten Josh came to help him assimilate to a whole new life. It had taken Josh a year to handle his wolf. Josh had to leave everything and everyone behind. It had been twelve years since Michelle had seen Josh. Josh told Michelle he was the Enforcer there. Josh also said the Mages were a way bigger problem then she knew and Michelle said she wasn’t going back and Josh commented she could always read his mind. Josh had loved Josh deeply when he was a laid back football player and she was a cheerleader. But that person was gone here was a man. Josh told Michelle he could smell her arousal. But Michelle told Josh she had control of her parts. Josh Josh then told her Mages had been working with turned witches in an increasingly organized fashion and witches were being taken and found dead totally drained a couple days later and now they were also taking weres.  They also believe the Mages are working with human anti hate groups. Michelle wanted Josh and knew she wanted him but Michelle had to find Allie before anything else could happen or be explored. Josh tells Michelle she is his mate but he wished he had longer to get her used to the idea and give her time for everything to sink in.

This was a great story as usual for Lauren Dane. I just love her paranormal books and have never read one I didn’t absolutely love and this one was no different. I love how Michelle came to understand why Josh never came back when she was sixteen even if it broke her heart. I also loved how Michelle decided to leave her old life behind and have a whole new life and world. I loved Josh and Michelle together, they so worked. I liked how the witches went to the weres for help and the weres did all they could. I loved the plot and pace of this story. Nothing I could find wrong with this story. I loved the characters and the ins and outs of this story and I highly recommend.