BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

The Lost Vampire (Last True Vampire series) - Kate Baxter

Saeed was a vampire and on a plane which was like being trapped in the confines of  an all- you - can-eat- buffet with strict orders not to eat. He had gorged himself on Sasha;s blood before getting on the plane. The two and a half hour flight hadn’t been long but it seemed like centuries had passed to Saeed. It had seemed lately that no amount of blood could keep him away from the memories that plagues him Saeed had given himself over to the Collection which was the memories of every vampire that had ever existed transferred through the blood at the moment of a vampire’s turning. To Saeed the Collective had become a lifeline to the only thing that could save him here on earth. The Collective had shown Saeed the female that would tether his soul. The members of Saeed’s covet thought Saeed was mad and Saeed’s friends considered him lost. . Sasha and Diego were Saeed’s most trusted advisers. Saeed turned Sasha and Diego just as he had promised Saeed turned the leadership of his covet to Sasha and Diego. Saeed was empty and hollow. As void and black as the night that stretched out before Saeed. Saeed;s soul had been taken from him when he was turned and he was obsessed with getting his soul back. Saeed was following the inarticulate ramblings of a child oracle. Humans were such easy prey drawn to predators like Saeed. Saeed was looking for his mate- a fae . with hair like fire and Saeed would find her, he had to his soul depended on it. Cerys was exhausted if only Rin would give her a chance to sleep but Rin was as wicked as they came.Cerys was his property and under his command, Cerys had carried out a lot of wicked deeds for Rin so she was as wicked as him. Cerys was Rin’s collared pet, the tool that carried out his will. Rin took care of all of Cerys’s needs. Cerys felt as something was coming and it would stir up all all kinds of trouble. Cerys went to the Caged Canary which was primarily a club for supernaturals hang out. Most every supernatural knew Cerys worked for Rin. Rin was a stealer of souls that is why people stayed away from him. Derek was by the pool tables when she got near Derek said he was getting ready to go see Rin but but Cerys knew he was getting ready to run and Cerys cut off Derek’s pinkie finger and told Derek he better have the money to Rin by the next day. Then Cerys picked up his finger.  It would be a long five days before  Saeed’s heart quit beating, or his lungs quit breathing and his throat became unbearable. Saeed refused to take any vein but his mate’s. No other blood would sate Saeed. I fSaeed didn’t find his mate soon he might go out of his mind completely. Saeed went into a dive bar and a werewolf named Wes recognized Saeed as a vampire. SWes also told Saeed he was the only vampire the werewolf had seen and that there were a lot of talk around the city about Saeed and that Saeed could make a fortune.Wes said he knew Saeed was out every night and had killed a warlock who had wanted Saeed’s blood for some dark magic. Wes had no idea who Saeed was and what he was capable of. Then after Saeed asked who was at the top and Wes said Rinieri de Rege/Rin who was a mage and the boss of the local underworld. . Then the shifter said Rin was much worse than the warlocks and said Rin had a place called the Crimson and was there every night. Caerys was at Crimson with Rin all Cerys wanted to do was go home and sleep but they were at Crimson every night as Rin was an attention floozie. No one wanted to be around Cerys as she was a soul thief. Rin had made Cerys an assassin. Cerys had tried alcohol as the absence of her soul left Cerys feeling perpetually empty, hungary. Alcohol only managed to make Cerys feel emptier. Food was Cerys’s vice. Cerys had been working for Rin for a thousand years. Rin had Cerys ‘s soul and until she could find it she had to obey Rin’s orders. Every soul Cerys retrieves a part of herself is depleted. Cerys worries she will soon be dead. When Saeed finally finds Cerys and they meet she is attracted to Saeed and intrigued with Saeed’s belief was she was his mate.

I liked this book a lot, I liked the plot and pace of the story. I also liked how Saeed and Cerys react and play off each other. It did drag for me a little at times but not enough for me to want to stop reading this book as it kept my attention for the most part. I liked a lot how Saeed had to win Cerys trust and love. I would however advise for you to read all the books in order to this series it just gives you the background you need.  I loved the twists and turns in this book. There are : fae, vampires, werewolves, mages, warlocks, berserkers, action. mates and so much more. I really loved how Saeed struggles to free Cerys from Rin. I loved the characters and the twists and turns of this story and I recommend.