BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

A Vintage Wedding - Katie Fforde

Three women Beth, Lindy, and Rachel quickly became friends. One is Beth who is to organize a wedding for her sister Helena and loved to paint but paint everything white. Lindy is a single mother who had lived in the village all her life. Where the other two women were fairly new to the area.Rachel admits she has a problem cleanliness and her obsession with getting things just right. Lindy was a loving mom even if her life didn’t really turn out as she had planned it. Beth had Charlie but but then he cheats and has sex with other women and even though it wasn’t stated her and Charlie  were exclusive Beth felt Charlie was a dirty cheater. Then it took awhile but Beth did get get over Charlie and yet she didn’t really know him. Then Beth talks to Finn a couple of times and all of a sudden she is in love with Finn. Then she is again heart broken when Finn gets mad at her. Lindy was having sex with her ex husband’s brother Angus and never discussed how odd their relationship was.

I had mixed feelings about this story. I felt there was too many leading characters and there just didn’t need so much sex in this book. I also think there were certain aspects in this story that was just so unrealistic. But this was a fun read and I liked the plot/ I basically like the women and were glad they became friends. I didn’t care for the insta love/lust aspect of this book. But  did really like how the women weren’t afraid of hard work and were determined women. I did think that Angus and Lindy’s relationship was odd. So as I said there were things I liked about this book and others not so much.