BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

The Fifth Reflection (The Dot Meyerhoff Series, Book 3) - Ellen Kirschman

Dot is a police psychologist. Dot is also having Thanksgiving dinner with her fiance Frank’s family and this had been the first time she had met them. Then Frank gets a call from his photography teacher Joanne/JJ that JJ’s two year old daughter Chrissy had been abducted from her bed. Frank immediately leaves to go to JJ. JJ is a photographer and her specialty is nude children. Jj had been “ criticized” is some art he had her daughter Chrissy in just a few days before her abduction.Bucky is Chrissy’s father just wanted to find the kidnapper/ killer of his daughter and dole out his brand of justice before the police found the person/ people responsible for this horrible thing. Frank wants to marry Dot but wants to be JJ’s comfort and hero. Officer Manny Ochoa is on Chrissy’s case and is determined to find the kidnapper/killer who did this to such a young child and bring them to justice no matter the cost to him and his family. I didn’t particularly like this story. First off I think Dot should have been a stronger and more confident woman. What was she doing with a butt like Frank I would rather be alone. I did appreciate how the author showed what happens and how hard it is for officers who work on cases involving children. Especially where such a young child is murdered. It also had a good twist. Frank seems infatuated with JJ like a teenager not a middle age man. I don't like that especially as he was engaged to Dot and talking marriage. I did like many and his determination. So some things were ok in this story but for me it barely made a three. Some things even confused me in this story.