BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

great story and characters

Kindred Spirits (Restless Spirits Book 3) - Jean Marie Bauhaus

Christine/Chris  lived with her sister Ron and her man Joe and their dog Buster. The thing was Chris was the only live person in the house the rest where ghosts but that was okay because Chris could see and talk to the dead. Ron had been a successful author and left the royalties from her books to Chris but Ron too had been killed as she had been pushed down the stairs and died. Christine was a medium and she was the real deal.Christine doesn’t charge people she just wants to help both the dead and living. Derek is a non believer and a crime reporter who lost his brother to a violent crime and still felt guilty even though it had been fifteen years . Jimmy had been killed by a thug from a home invasion and the murder had never been solved. Derek also had a reason for his non belief. When Jimmy had been murdered Derek was thirteen and his father paid a psychic to try to communicate with Jimmy and  the person was a fraud and totally screwed them over. So Jimmy did a news piece on Christine and in his mind and many others proved she was a fraud and hurt Christine's reputation as well as Christine . But this was deja vu as  when Chris was in high school and Derek a junior in college he had come to Chris’s school to write a piece on her paranormal club he had written such a nasty piece that the club had almost been shut down.  Ron is very mad and finds Derek’s home and goes to haunt it when she finds out it is already haunted by Derek’s brother Jimmy but he doesn’t know how to get Derek’s attention. Ron decides to help him and says Chris will help him to. Ron also teaches Jimmy some tricks to draw Derek’s attention and promises to return so Jimmy can communicate with Derek and move on. It has been fifteen long years for Jimmy.  Derek doesn’t want Christine near him as he blames her for the tricks Jimmy did trying to get Derek’s attention. Even though Christine mentions Jimmy’s murder and he was there Derek doesn’t believe her and thinks she just looked up Jimmy’s murder and got the information.  Derek does finally remember the incident when he had been a junior in college as he had felt Chris was familiar to him.  Now Chris feels a sizzle with the smallest touch from Derek.  Derek showed up one morning with coffee and donuts and apologized for his piece on the news and said he would make it right somehow. Jimmy had finally got through to Derek and talked to him using scrabble tiles. She also gave Derek a  ghost box that somehow allowed ghosts to talk through to the living. Then Derek asked for Chris’s help with Jimmy and she forgave Derek and agreed.

I loved this story it was great. I chuckled while reading this book at times and choked up once or twice. I loved how Ron still felt protective  as the big sister even though she was dead. I loved how forgiving Chris was especially that wasn’t the first time Derek had hurt her and almost destroyed something that was important to Chris. Also that Chris was willing to help Derek even f it put her and Derek in danger. I liked Derek’s and Chris’s relationship after Derek finally believed that Chris was the real deal and not a fraud. I understood why Derek was like he was until Jimmy finally broke through to Derek. I absolutely loved this story, and the plot and pace. It was an easy and fun read, I loved the characters and the ins and outs of this story and I highly recommend.