BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Good Story and Characters

Legend of Love:  Muse of Epic Poetry - Callie - Lisa Kessler

Muses are daughters of Zeus in Greek mythology. There’s a group out to get all the muses and wipe them out. The group- Order Of The Titans wants to stop muses from bringing any good to the world. Although lethal at times this group seem inept. The group is also drilling into the earth’s core through an oil well and trying to get out an even worse group that they believe is there even though there is no proof. Callie is the muse of Epic Poetry in a spiritual way. Callie is also the leader of this generation’s muses.  At eighteen the muse woke up in Callie as she is human.Callie knows about the muse within her and what she must do for the world. Callie is also a psychiatrist and works with the military. Hunter is a Navy Seal and all he needs is for the base shrink to sign off on him so he can go back to his job this is a rougher than normal mission, Hunter’s past mission one of the team got captured and didn’t make it back. So Hunter’s op didn’t end like it was suppose to. Hunter was sent home for some R & R Nut Hunter isn’t sure where home is anymore . Hunter carries guilt from the mission though it isn’t warranted. Hunter is determined to go back and bring him home. Hunter is Callie’s patient and he is smitten with her since he met her. But Callie won’t jeopardize her career and go out with Hunter. Hunter has a birthmark that has started to bother him since he met Callie. He also develops a  psychic ability.Each guardian has something to help his muse succeed. Callie also has the desire to be a bit of a dare devil. Her muse awakens an adrenaline junkie in Callie looking who is always  looking for the next rush and challenge. That can be detrimental to any relationship  she may want to form. Callie keeps most people at arm's length. Hunter’s determination and charm eventually wear Callie’s determination down to push him away. Each muse must connect to her guardian to survive from the group trying to kill all the muses. The last time Callie was involved with a man her muse took over and it ended badly.

I really enjoyed this story a lot. I loved the new twist on muses . This was a quick read. I liked that there was a lot of mythological history  in this story. This is also fast paced as well as action packed. This story has: kidnapping, murder, attempted murder, suspense, action, lies, missing teammate, mythological creatures, humor and Navy Seals, and so much more. At times this story was scary and had me on the end of my chair. I think Callie and Hunter make a perfect pair and I was rooting them on. I didn’t want to put this down. I loved Callie’s and Hunters character and I loved the ins and outs of this story and I recommend.