BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Hero in the Highlands: A No Ordinary Hero Novel - Suzanne Enoch

Major Gabriel Forrester loved battle. Gabriel was suppose to be on the hill this morning watching with Wellington and his commanders. But Gabriel had not answered general wellington and forged into battle. Then Gabriel is called to general wellington and told he needs to go as he is now the Duke of Lattimer. Gabriel is now on his estates with his aide - de-camp who has been in Gabriel’s company for eight years and he practically knows Gabriel’s thoughts. Gabriel had inherited his lands and title from a distant uncle. Fiona is the Lattimer's Stewart and has been since her brother disappeared. Fiona's main focus is seeing that her people are looked after. Fiona's cause was making her job a little difficult.Fiona knows Gabriel doesn’t plan on staying. Fiona is attracted to Gabriel and Gabriel is  fascinated with her and determined to have her in his bed. Fiona is no virgin and has had lovers even the Gatekeeper of the estate. But someone seems to be stealing the sheep from the estate.  Fiona wants Gabriel to leave his own estate for she hates all things English and Gabriel is English.

I didn't care for this story. First I would have liked more background on gabriel. I didn’t like or really connect with Fiona as I felt she was bratty and immature and it was Gabriel’s estate not hers whether he was English or not and she had no right to want him to leave who did she think she was? She wasn’t doing that good of a job if sheep were being stolen at least as far as I am concerned. This definitely didn’t WOW me in any way. I also didn’t feel the chemistry between Gabriel and Fiona. I don’t even know why Gabriel was even attracted to her and really she was a floozie as far as I am concerned.  Also there was too much going on.