BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Turbulent Desires (Billionaire Aviators) - Melody Anne

Lindsay was going to Dr. Ted Stamos’s funeral even though her injuries weren’t even close to being healed as it had only been a week since Lindsay had almost lost her life on one of her night shifts in the ER. Two of her colleagues had died that night. Lindsay tried to tell herself she was safe. Lindsay was dealing with a severe case of survivor's guilt. Maverick had a one night stand with Lindsay over a year ago. Maverick had sat next to Lindsay and told her to breathe. Maverick was a fighter pilot. After a year Lindsay is still dealing with so much survivor’s guilt she can barely stand it and is afraid to leave her home. Then Lindsay goes back to work at the same hospital. Maverick is Lindsay’s best friend Spooky’s brother in law. Maverick decides he must fix Lindsay. Then Maverick’s uncle Sherman had the idea to have Lindsay co chair a fundraiser for Vets with PTSD. Maverick decides he’s not a one woman man but he still wants to sleep with Lindsay again. Maverick has suffered his own trauma with having been a POW.  Maverick knows Lindsay needs human contact so she doesn’t hide away from the world. Lindsay can’t stand to be  touched by anyone and Maverick swore to never love another woman. I liked this story to some degree. But a lot of things I just didn’t like or understand. Like why was there no hospital security? Also why would Lindsay go back to the same place to work I sure wouldn’t with all the bad memories there. I also didn’t really connect with Maverick . But I did like how he was determined to bring Lindsay back to a real life. I didn’t at all with the romance between Lindsay and Maverick. I felt horrible what happened to Lindsay and felt Lindsay’s reaction to being attacked very realistically and  Maverick being a P OW.    I applaud the author bring to this story the different cases of PTSD though different in nature but just as hard for both Lindsay and Maverick to deal with. I did like the plot also.