BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Not A Hero: A Bad Boy Marine Romance - Sarah Robinson Miles and Tobin had been Marines for eight years and were now at long last going home. Miles and Tobin were on a plane and Tobin was getting drunk. Tobin’s drinking had increased since Afghanistan. Miles doesn’t blame Tobin after what they had seen. Miles had been town royalty from the small town both he and Tobin were from. Miles had been the all star H S quarterback, prom king, and class president. Miles father - Walter would not be meeting Miles at the airport as his health was failing as he had cancer. Walter’s nurse Zoe lives in the house to take care of Walter and has the spare bedroom as hers. Walter has shared many of his memories of Miles with Zoe and she had remembered Miles from school even if she was two years below him. Zoe had crushed on Miles in H S like a lot of other girls. Zoe and Miles flirted with each other but Zoe decided Miles was a complication that she didn’t need. Miles had PTSD but could not share until he could he would not heal. Zoe had a lot of her own demons at one time but got the help she needed so she did understand some of what Miles is going through. I loved this story. It had an excellent plot and was well written. This story was raw and real and I could see this happening in today’s world. I loved how Zoe forgave Miles for when he lashed out at her. I hated to see Miles pain. I didn’t like when Miles pushed Zoe away and felt he wasn’t good enough for her.. But I could understand why he acted out as he did. Yet was so very sad when Walter passed away I choked up here as well as in other parts of this story. This story also made me smile at times. I loved the characters and the ins and outs of this story and I highly recommend.