BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Kingpin - Lili St Germain

Mariana is dressed in smart business clothes five days a week. She was an accountant well technically a book keeper as she had to quit college before she actually got a degree. Her office was in the back of a strip club Mariana spoke to no one as she worked then Mariana was driven home straight after work to the home Dornan had picked out for her. Dornan was rough and dominate but he made Mariana feel safe and Dornan was her shelter. Mariana became addicted to Dornan and stayed that way for nine years. Nothing about Mariana’s life was normal. Mariana had a keeper when Dornan wasn’t around - a roommate of sorts. Mariana was a slave. Mariana laundered money for Emilio and felt she had paid her father’s debt but Emilio didn’t feel that way he felt he owned Mariana. Mariana had a son when she was a teenager -Luis -but her father took the baby as soon as he was born and forged adoption papers. Mariana’s boyfriend -her child’s father was Esteban had been murdered right before Mariana’s eyes. Dornan had saved Mariana from being sold into sexual slavery. Mariana still loved Dornan even though he was a combination of brutality and tenderness. Dornan also loved Mariana. John was Dornan’s best friend and president of the Gypsy Brothers MC. Mariana and John shared an office but John was seldom there. Mariana had learned a lot in the six months she had been in the office at the back of the Va Va Va Voom strip club which is how she laundered illegal money the MC got. Mariana learned John was kind, and thoughtful and loved his daughter and liked to surf. Mariana was very careful of her past and how she interacted with people. Six lives depended on Mariana: her dad, her mother,her sister, her brother, Luis and herself. John told Mariana if she ever wanted to leave to let him know and he would help her and hide her but Mariana knows she can’t leave. Mariana spends most of her time alone.Mariana only receives once a week visits from Dornan. When Mariana is in a very bad place she calls Dornan but is reminded of her place behind Dornan’s wife, family, and business. Then she calls John. Again mixed emotions on this story but I did like it better than the last. At least Mariana was shown some kindness by John. Also I wasn’t as shocked by Mariana’s story. I felt bad to see Dornan’s humanity dry up from what he seen and did. The only thing Mariana really had in her life has gone bad. John is attracted to Mariana after being faithful to his drug addicted wife for so long. Mariana now has a full time bodyguard named Guillerno who has become more like a brother. Mariana’s skills are quite useful to the Cartel. Murphy starts to blackmail Mariana but she then handles it herself. Again with the mixed feelings but I did like this story better than the first one. Dare say even enjoyed it more. But I no longer really liked Dornan as he had lost most of his humanity. I did really like John but I fear for his kind heart and where it will lead him. Especially the position he holds in the MC. I felt even worse for Mariana as Dornan changes into even worse of a monster for her. But a t least now Mariana has a couple of people in her life now. I liked how Murphy could only push Mariana so far then she tole care of things herself. But was disappointed to see the ending was a cliffhanger as I hate them.. So for some reason I feel the need to read the last story and I already have it so that helps. So even though this series is dark it help my attention for the most part even if i just skimmed some of the worst parts. I recommend.