BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Great Story and Characters

Wrong Brother, Right Match - Jennifer Shirk Kennedy had a computerized matchmaking business called Match Made Easy and the business was holding it’s own. Kennedy was at the Creative Technology Developer Conference in Las Vegas she had given a talk there. Kennedy’s boyfriend was Justin who sadly couldn’t get away from work to be with her at the conference. Kennedy and Justin both wanted 2.5 children and a dog and had been the first people she had tested her software on. Both Kennedy and Justin were workaholics also. For the sixth time that weekend Kennedy had tried to call Justin and just got his voicemail with no return calls. Kennedy told herself it was not a big deal and had nothing to do with missing her. Kennedy refused to let anymore doubt cloud her opinion of Justin or their relationship. Kennedy was claustrophobic which met she didn’t like things like elevators or airplane or elevators but the were a necessary evil of modern life. She went to catch an elevator to get back to her room but almost missed it until a man stopped the doors from closing on her and she got inside. Then all a sudden the elevator jolted to a stop. The guy in the elevator was Matt and he had champagne with him and two flutes. Kennedy was having trouble with her anxiety related asthma and was breathing into a brown paper bag that she always carried with her.Matt opened the champagne and poured some into both glasses and gave Kennedy one to try to help her relax a little and it did help. Kennedy ended up telling Matt about her business and how proud she was of it she also told him she was having some relationship problems and doubts about her boyfriend. As the elevator door was opening Matt kissed Kennedy and they both felt it and Kennedy kissed him back. Then once the door opened she ran off and the paramedics blocked Matt from following her. Six months later Kennedy and Justin are engaged although he hadn’t taken time to get her a ring yet. Justin is finally taking two weeks off and going to his moms so she as well as his sister and brother can meet Kennedy for the first time. As the family goes to meet Justin he introduces Kennedy as his fiance. Matt cannot believe the girl he kissed and admitted to relationship doubts and problems was his brother’s fiance Matt instantly feels protective of Justin and wanders what Kennedy is up to. Matt realizes Kennedy remembered him and their kiss just like he did. He hadn’t stopped thinking about Kennedy. I loved this story. It kept my interest from the first couple pages to the last one. I loved Kennedy as a character she was such a good and caring person. Justin not so much he was selfish, uncaring person who only cared about what he thought was important and what he wanted to do even make his mom hurt as he really couldn’t be bothered with her or his sister and brother or Kennedy for that fact for the most part. It was so sad the way Justin just overlooked Kennedy and what she needed and wanted. Then to leave the day after he gets to his mom's and to leave Kennedy there . and then to call Matt to have him tell Kennedy and the rest of the family he would be longer than he thought just thoroughly irritated me. But I guess he had to be that way for the story to flow right. I loved the characters and how they interacted and especially how Justin’s mom and sister readily accepted Kennedy. I also loved how Kennedy when on the New Year's Eve special told the truth even though her business would probably suffer from it or maybe even close. The plot was great and this was just a wonderful story. I also loved the ins and outs of the story and I highly recommend.