BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Descended from Dragons - Tricia Owens

Anne had lost her parents at a very young age and her uncle James raised her. Now he was missing and she had got his pawn shop-The Moonlight Pawn Shop and it was haunted. She also had some cursed cameos that she threw out and they were still back the next day and they were a menace as they ranted on and on . the only Anne could rid of the cameos was if someone willingly took them from Anne. Anne had an ice demon if her small refrigerator. She also could get a manifestation of her sorcery in the form of a gold yet misty dragon she called Lucky. If Anne started losing control over her sorcery Lucky would start taking on a physical form that would end up very bad as Anne had dragon blood in her veins. Anne had now owned the pawn shop for two years. Retail was not Anne's thing and there were days when she wanted out of the pawn shop but couldn’t sell or walk away from the pawn shop because of the curse. . Her friend Melanie owned a Mexican food truck and Melanie and her two brothers were monkey shape shifters. Anne had magical wards up and had to stop the wards for humans and magikal persons. Magikal people would be rebuffed with an invisible hand to the face The defense had worked well for Anne so far. Melanie was determined that Anne find a man. A hot man- Christian came into the shop and wanted to sell a gargoyle statue- Vale- his sister had gotten him in her many travels. Anne never personally collected anything with having the shop but there was just something about that gargoyle statue. Christian ended up giving Anne his phone number. After buying the statue Anne felt her life had taken a strange turn. The Oddsmakers were rulers of the supernatural community in Las Vegas where Anne was and they didn’t like dragons so Anne had to be careful to not turn into a dragon. And then she would destroy things. When a supernatural gets to public or shows too much power the Oddsmakers took the supernatural out. The statue is an actual gargoyle   cursed with a man and demon inside it. Anne becomes aware of an evil supernatural and tries to intervene to prevent the demon from gaining success and this gives the demon  problems and it is the demon in the gargoyle. I didn’t love this story but I didn’t hate it. I did love how spunky tries to do right and keep her city safe. I loved the characters. This was also a quick read. This was a little slow at times but did get through it. There were a lot of twists and turns and I liked that. But there was a lot of unanswered questions at the end of this story. I wasn’t happy about that.