BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

How To Capture A Duke - Bianca Blythe

Fiona hated Christmas  She was currently at Anchaeological site. Her cousin is Lady Madeline Mulbourne . Fionna stopped her cousin’s carriage Madeline said she was going to see their grandmother and offered Fionna a ride but Fionna did want to get back to work the site will be snow covered soon. Fionna told her grandmother she was engaged even though the engagement is fake. Fionna could not please the ton. Fionna didn’t care about fashion. Fionna also had a curvy figure. Thay was also not fashionable. Madeline asked Fionna to attend her Christmas ball but Fionna said she couldn’t go. Fionna had already found some great artifacts and believed there was a Roman Palace in the area. But her uncle Seymour wouldn’t let her dig up the apple trees to further her diggings. Percival is the Duke Of Alfriston. He was just back from the war and handicapped. It is to get the jewels from his home and marry a debutant he has never met. Fionna stops a coach to let them know a a tree is across the road. The driver believes Fionna is a highwaywoman and takes off with her horse leaving the Duke to fend for himself. Fionna sees Percival and decides maybe she could talk him into meeting her grandmother. And pretend they are engaged.

I could leave or take this story it was good in parts and not so in others.I liked Fionna’s independant side and her wanting her own career and not just to marry because that is what women are suppose to do. Percival is a little weak acting considering  he had been in the military and also got through his leg being ambutated off. I didn’t like how Percival let family come between him and Fionna . Also all of sudden he loves Fionna Fionna is suppose to be a virgin how did she know to do sexually what she did. Anyway a little disappointed but the good parts want to make me read another book from this author and see how it goes.