BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Great Story and Characters

The Promise of Another Life - Red Samuels

Christian was thirteen when he devised a plan and made it look like his drug addicted mother had physically abused him by pushing him into a glass mirror and his arm was severely cut. One of the paramedics who came to take care of Christians arm was about twenty her name was Rachel and she came to see Christian as he had been allergic to some pain medicine he had been given and Christian had been out of it for three days. Now christian lives with his father Alexander/Alex who is wealthy. But Alex made it clear they were only to act close in public. Also they was a set of rules and conditions Christian was to live by such as he had a week to heal then he would have to get a summer job to provide all he needed. He also could live in Alex’s house for five years when he was eighteen then he would be on his own. Rachel stayed in contact with Christian toke him to a art store to get an easel and other things he needed to paint her a picture for her apartment. Alex made Christian sign a document also on what was allowed and what to expect from Alex until Christian turns eighteen and graduated. I didn’t really think I would like this story from the first couple of pages I read but ended up loving it and not wanting to put it down after the first chapter. I was totally caught up in the story it made me laugh at times and others it made the tears come down my cheeks. How long did someone have to suffer for their past. This story just held so much emotion in it and so many little twists so many times. It had alot of romance but I am not sure if I’de really call this story a romance or at the very least that’s not all it was. I loved all the ins and outs of this story and highly recommend. Just get past the first couple of pages. I received an ARC of this story for an honest review.