BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

The Corner Store Witch: Book 1: You Meet at an Inn - H.D. Lynn

Leone owned a used game, movie, comics, and nerd paraphenalia shop called Pulp Images. Leone’s best friend was Courtney they had been friends since elementary school. Leone had hired Courtney and Shandice. Shandice understood the rules and technicalities of a gamebetter than anyone else Leone knew. Leone had opened her shop thirteen months ago. Leone has a twin sister Lakeisha and Leone was the opposite of her. Leone was an anti- social nerd with a tempper and loved anime. Lakisha stops in the shop to do some painting on a window display for her sister than all of a sudden a man falls through the roof. The man looks like a wizard and even has a staff which Leone takes away from her and zaps her as she touches it. Leone checks to make sure he is alive. Then she notices there is nothing wrong with her ceiling, where did this man come from? The man’s name is Abinar and he had taken the staff from a dead monk in another demension but then Leone and the others find out demons have come through also just like Abinar did.I didn’t love this story but I didn’t hate it. Not really into jumping realms and wizards and magical staffs. I did enjoy the characters and the way they interacted with each other. This was a fairly quick read. At times this story made me laugh. Tje ins and outs of this story were pretty good. This just in not one of my favorite stories but I am sure someone else will love it. I received an ARC of this story for an honest review.