BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

For the Love of Mary: A Novel - Christopher Meades

There was a new huge church being built across the street from Passion Lord Church of God. The old church had lost over half it’s parishioners because of the new more modern group. Jacob’s mom was really mad every time a family left to go to church across the street.  In July a slur from the church across the street Jacobs mom went to war with the new church. Jacob was a fifteen year old boy and his mom the mom fighting with the big church.  Jacob’s mom wanted to live in a bigger house and uses controlling the food allowed in her home no matter what her husband Daniel said. Jacob’s older sister Caroline only wanted to get away from her family and go to beauty school. Jacob meets Mary and really cares about her and she cares about him. But Mary is the daughter of the pastor of the new church across the street.

I grew up in a small town in Central New York and i went to a small town and went to the smaller of the two churches there but I never had the experiences jacon and his family had regarding church. Thank god. I felt like I was there I did feel Jacob’s mom went overboard as isn’t it about worshiping God but that wasn’t the real gist of this story. But some of the things did remind of when i was in the town I grew up in.especially the picnic as my church had one. But this story did not WOW me. It was okay. I didn’t hate it but  I didn’t love it either. I did like the characters for the most part even if Jacobs mom was a little extreme but also a church is all about Jesus at Christmas not Santa. This story dragged in different places to through out the story.

I received an ARC of this story for an honest review