BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

The Glittering Court - Richelle Mead

Adelaide belonged to one of the noblest families in Osfrid, one that could trace it’s bloodline back to the county’s founders. Adelaide had to marry well as her family no longer had the money it once had. Adelaide’s grandmother - Alice- came to Adelaide to tell her a miracle had happened . Adelaide's parents were dead and she  lived with her grandmother since their deaths. Lionel =Baron of Ashby had made an offer. He was a very rich cousin. Adelaide didn’t know him and after meeting him and his very controlling grandmother Adelaide said no to his offer. Then Adelaide put Lionel out of her mind. Then Adelaide gained knowledge of the Glittering Court . Adelaide the passes as Ada to get out of the arranged marriage to Lionel/ Adelaide had to join the Glittering Court which is designed to change women with low class stigma into upper class lady’s. Adelaide excels in her training and makes a few friends. No one knows who she really is but Cedric. Adelaide is attracted to Cedric and he to her but it would cause a scandal for them to be together. Adelaide was to attract a wealthy husband in the new land.

I just couldn’t get into this story guess it just wasn’t for me. There wasn’t much action or anything to rally pull you into the story and keep you glued to the story. I also didn’t think there was really alot of chemistry from Cedric to Adelaide. I also just found the story confusing . I just didn’t like it.

I received an ARC of this story for an honest review.