BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Good Story and Characters

Hold Your Breath (Search and Rescue) - Katie Ruggle

Seven months ago Lou had left civilization to live in a small mountain cabin in the Rocky Mountains. She was training for the ice rescue dive team . Their leader was Callum. Lou was in the water practicing a rescue when she kicked something solid. It seemed to float to the surface and it was a headless body. When Lou reported to the sheriff Rob told her the victim had been tied to a weight and Lou had dislodged that. The Victims hands were also cut off harder to identify that way. Lou can’t seem to let go of the question who did the body belong to and why was he killed as he was. Also lately Lou was on the receiving end of some dangerous pranks. Lou had a thing for the leader Callum and when he realizes Lou is in danger he doesn’t leave her alone. Lou was a strong woman and left her home town as her parents were overly controlling and her boyfriend had been too possessive so Lou made a break and went for a new life. So Callum changes as he spends more time with Lou even though he is OCD about neatness, Callum starts caring for Lou he smiles more and even moved Lou into his cabin with him when her cabin goes up in flames from arson.

I enjoyed this story. The mystery and suspense intrigued me, the danger added an extra spark to the story. It was a good read with a good plot and writing. Once you started reading the story grabs you and you don’t want to put it down at least that was how it was for me. I liked the twists of this story as well as the characters. I recommend.

I received an ARC of this story for an honest review.