BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Great true stry

We Are Not Such Things: The Murder of a Young American, a South African Township, and the Search for Truth and Reconciliation - Justine van der Leun

Easy had been part of a mob twenty years earlier that had hunted down a young white American girl. He hurled jagged bricks at her and stabbed at her while she begged for her life. She died that day and her name was Amy Biel and she was twenty six years old. The man’s name was Easy and he got eighteen years in prison . He said at the time his spirit said kill the white. Amy had been two black students a ride when she was pulled from her car.There were three other men who admitted to going in on with Easy to kill Amy. S. Africa had been in the final days of apartheid the entire country seemed on the verge of civil war. The country had just been through forty five years of state regulated racial segregation and Black S. Africans had been contained in slums with no rights. Amy was an activists for the black people and had studied for almost a year on the rights and roles of disadvantaged women and children of color. The four men spent a couple of years in prison and under a new law were released.

I did not know about this murder but this book was so interesting. I don't think i met to request this story but was glad I got it after reading it. I feel the author did an excellent job on this as it was a true event. I do highly recommend.

I received an ARC of this story for an honest review.