BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Good Story and Characters

The Lady Hellion (Wicked Deceptions) - Joanna Shupe

Lady Sophia Barnes is 27 and could almost be considered a spinster. She doesn't want a husband. She enjoys her freedom. She also feels she's found her purpose, investigating crimes of the lower class, crimes most people ignore won't listen to. When she has to accept the challenge of a duel while dressed as a man, she turns to the one man she can, Damien, Lord Quint. Lately, Quint has become a recluse. He suffers terribly every time he tries to leave his home. When Lady Sophia waltzes back into his life with her crazy plot, he wants her to leave him alone in his madness. When she refuses to listen, he can't help but be captivated by her all over again.

This was a pretty good book. Sophia is in a position where she refuses her lot in life and does what she can to help others even if it means doing things unacceptable for those born female. Her temperament is perfect to help Quint get through his PTSD. Rarely are historical books written where the hero is total scholar, but I really liked Quint's character. Overall, pretty good story. I liked the characters. I'd recommend to anyone that likes this genre.

**I received an ARC of this story in exchange for an honest review**