BuckeyeAngel

BuckeyeAngel

Great Story, Great Characters

— feeling grin
In the Air Tonight - Lori Handeland

**I received an ARC of this story in exchange for an honest review**

Raye Larsen is a 27yr old elementary school teacher who lives in a tiny town in Wisconsin. It's pretty evident that she's adopted as she's the only person in town with dark hair and dark eyes. Oh, and she can communicate with ghosts. When she stumbles on a murder victim (the first in their town in decades), she has a bad feeling. Homicide detective Bobby Doucet is sent to Wisconsin to investigate a murder in a tiny town that might be linked to several he is working on. He wasn't expecting to be captivated by Raye once he got there. He also wasn't expecting the unexplainable.

This is the first book in a trilogy by this author. It's only the second book I've read by her, but once I opened this story, I couldn't put it down. From start to finish as Raye discovers her origins and learns about herself, you can't help but be completely pulled in. When Bobby is forced to deal with his past, I wanted to cry for him, which is not an easy feat for me with a book.

I absolutely enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the next one. I highly recommend it to anyone that likes paranormal thrillers.